Monday, September 12, 2011

First Baptism!

I would have to say that this week was crazy too!!!

Well about Camila, We haven't gotten a hold of her. But we are going to keep trying! As for the Wellington Family. They are making progress! The kids will have their baptism this week! Crazy! Yes we have other investigators, we have Jose. We have been teaching him for a long time. He is trying to find if Joseph Smith is a true prophet, so we are helping him out with that. This last week we had a baptism! It was Gustavo. He is a rapaz. Most of his family are members. The plan for the Wellington family is to visit them everyday to make sure they are doing alright. I will lets ya all know next week how it goes :)

Oh the weather. Haha its just like the northwest except there is more sun. Its really funny how similar the weather is here.

And as for the laundry. haha I wish I had a maid. We have to do our laundry by hand. Yes pulling out the scrubby brush and using a sink, and then let it soak. Then after we have to since out the soap, after letting it soak. Then we hang it. haha yup, hang dry. Its a lot of work. haha

As for the packages. I haven't gotten anything yet. But I'm stopping by the mission office quinta feira. So I will know then. The things I miss from Washington, well I miss a real shower and American ice cream. haha but the food here is amazing. I love it here! The juices they make are amazing. Holy cow and the pizza. The Brazilians know how to make pizza. I had the best pizza in my life. We had a Tuscany pizza. haha it was amazing. It had chocolate in the crust. At first I thought it would be gross. But its so good!!! Holy cow. idk how to describe it.

Yeah our ward mission leader works with us quite a bit. We have a ward. But its pretty small compared to a normal ward. We have a decent church building here. Its pretty small, but its better than nothing.

In fact this week, we helped put together a talent show. Let me tell ya it was pretty epic. We got a ton of references and contacts from the talent show. haha so we have a lot of work to do. We have been having problems finding new people. But anyways the show de talentos. The ward made me do a talent. haha well I ended up dancing because that's the only thing I can do. haha oh man, they loved it! Everyone came up afterward and was just amazed. I just did the worm, moonwalk, that good stuff. haha it was funny. All the kids came up and wanted to talk. haha I just wish I knew exactly what they were saying. haha anyways it was excellent! I got a good laugh out of it!

As for a package for Christmas. haha hmmm American candy would be nice. Some star bursts and what not. Just snacks and hygiene stuff would be excellent, toothpaste, oh some new tooth brush heads. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. stickers and what now. Anyways, it was a crazy week. I just figured out how to use The pictures I think. So I'll try next week to post some pictures. Hopefully that computer will have the ability to do it. haha

Anyways, I love hearing from ya all! Until next week :) tudo bem, e eu amo voces!

Love Elder Firl

No comments:

Post a Comment