Monday, April 23, 2012

Best Birthday!

Well it sounds like it has been a crazy week! I know down here in Sao Marcos, playing soccer has probably been a highlight on the mission. This week has flown by SO fast. With my birthday and what not, the members wished me a happy birthday. And I would have to say, probably the best birthday. Serving the Lord, and yet having time to eat cake and what not. I ended up having lunch at Sara´s house, and let me tell ya, it was a fantastic lunch, like always. There was cake and EVERYTHING! We sang happy birthday and what not, and we opened presents. Yes, they did buy presents. I almost cried because the way they have treated me like family. It was quite incredible! I got a shirt, tie, pants, brownies, and new shoes. Yes I said it, new shoes! I could not believe it. It had to of been quite a bit of money they spent, quite a sacrifice, to me. Holy Cow, I had to hold the tears. Likewise, Sara did a slide show, including photos and music from home and on the mission. I don't know how she got the photos but it was fantastic! Incredible!

And then we went to another families house and did some visits. But I also got a key chain of Brazil and 1 real! The dollar bill. THIS real is REALLY rare! So hard to find. Let alone in perfect condition. And I got one. Anyways, this birthday has been fantastic. Everyone here has treated me really well, just like family.

OH! this week the secretaries of the mission office have not paid our bills. So our water got shut off. We have been without water for awhile now. Haha so we have been taking showers in the members houses. Haha oh joy. It sucks not having water, all my clothes are dirty. Oh well...life on the mission.

1. So are you being transferred this week? If so where?

Well yes I did get transferred. But I'm still here in Sao Marcos for now. But tomorrow I will be in my new area. Which I still don't know where it will be. Haha but you will find out next week.

2. How is Jaqueline and her mom? Are they progressing?
We haven't been able to contact them. So we have no clue whats going on with them, we are always passing by.

3. How is Edinaldo? Wow…so impressed with kids at 15 that want to know and are willing to make a change!

Edinaldo is fantastic! It's going to be a baptism may 12. I know I won't be there. BUT he is awesome. His desire to learn is incredible! Such a wonderful experience!

4. So have the tent people left? I know you mentioned they were going to raid things there.

They haven't even budged. In fact, there are people from Rio de Janeiro there. Which is kinda scary because we all know there are a ton of drug lords there in Rio. So this shall be interesting. But I know they plan on taking everyone out, but who knows when. It could be in another half year, its pretty nuts.

5. Is the weather turning colder?
Just a little bit at night, it seems to get pretty cool. But it's not super cold. The weather is actually perfect right now. Not too hot or cold, but there is a lot of sun.

6. I sent you my package, did you get it?

Not yet. I will check tomorrow at the mission office.

7. Did you ever get your shirt fixed?

Haha I did :) it's pretty legit.

Anyways, things are fantastic here! I'm loving the mission and wouldn't want to be doing anything else! Pretty legit! Anyways, I love you all and thank for the birthday wishes!!

Aunt Hollii & Uncle Jared, thank you so much for the shirt! I love you so much. Thanks for all the support that you have given me while I have been on the mission. The support that you are given me. May the Lord bless you and your family in life's journey. The Lord loves you and your family. I love you Aunt Hollii. Hugs and kisses to the family. Thanks again for the shirt!

Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Firl for the tie! Love it! Nice to have a new tie! I love ya!

Love,
Elder Firl

No comments:

Post a Comment