Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Changes at the MTC!

Oh hot dang! Sounds like it is super busy in the small town of La Center!!! Oh yes I am super blessed to be here in the MTC in Brazil! It has been excellent being able to talk with the Brazilians!!! Oh yes. I would have to agree. Fasting and praying work. And my testimony has grown out here on those things specifically. I have been blessed with the gift of tongues and knowledge. It's amazing to learn so quick!

(Jake had said he didn't receive an email from me and I sent it...but wrong email...)
Haha that's really funny that you sent it to my gmail account. I was wondering what in the heck was going on. haha I was starting to think that you guys forgot about me. So I sent Natalia and email and have been writing Kayla because I know that she will tell you guys stuff. I was thinking that my account wasn't working at first. Sorry that Kayla gets all the stories in detail, it's really easy to write to her and I just have more time to write to her than on the computer.

Alex that is most excellent! I loved EFY so much!!! I learned so much and met lots of people there. To keep that spiritual high at EFY keep reading your scriptures, I have found that reading my scriptures brings so much joy and advice! Its a guide book to everything Alex. Read it often. And make sure you mark in them and put notes. It's the personal revelation that will help you in life. But that is sweet about the clothes :) girls like it when a guy can dress well. But let me tell you, other people might make fun of you but just keep doing what you like to wear and keep doing what you like to do. I have a scripture I want you to read. Its one of my favorite scriptures.

Helaman 5:12
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you, to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

and then read this one...And when they use ``my son`` replace it with your name. It helps me so much.

D and C 122: 7 -9.
7. "And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for they good."
8. "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?"
9. "Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

So this week nothing really exciting happened. Wait I lied. The whole MTC program changed. We literally have no free time in the day and it's so much harder. But let me tell ya the rewards are great. We used to teach 2 lessons a day. which was a lot to teach in Portuguese and fries your brain. But now we teach 4 lessons with video cameras and stuff. Its nuts!!! I cant believe it. But yes we teach all the time and spend less time studying. Which is kinda weird.

But we get to go hand out more boms (Book of Mormon's)next week. TWICE!!! One around Casa Verde which is just a small city, with a few houses and gift shop things. Nothing compared to the huge city. Then we get to go to Polista! Which is downtown baby!!! It's going to be crazy. I'm super excited and feel confident in the language. I can speak well, like casual talk, but my teaching needs some improvement. However, our district gets to go out 3 times total. Which is more than any other district. Since we are in the middle of the changes. So we are blessed :)

The things I am eating in the MTC are beans and rice, fruit and lots of meat. Like a lot of meat. Its disgusting. We eat it every day. haha So I'm kinda sick of chicken. On my P-Day we always go to the temple and go around town. Get a smoothie or candy. I normally don't get that stuff. But, we always go to the post office.

Our P-Days (Preparation Days) are really full so we don't get much time to do fun things. I do laundry and stuff like that. haha So my day at the MTC. haha It's study, eat, teach, eat, teach, eat, teach and study, and then snack time. haha probably one of the highlights of the day. But anyways this week has been great! My companion and I get along well, he goes to bed pretty early and has a hard time getting put. Me, I stay up as late as we are allowed and get up 15 min early so I don't have to wait for a shower. haha But anyways, life is good!

Thank you so much for the letters, Sister Rambert: Thank you :) I loved the drawings from your class!!! I cant tell you how much that made my day. Keep put the good work! Tell the class that serving a mission is the best decision I have made so far :)

Love ya all and wish you guys the best of luck in the states :) Elder Firl

No comments:

Post a Comment